Network Opportunity Mapping
The Institute for Sustainable Futures has developed free online maps of Australia’s electricity network. The Network Opportunity Maps help to inform the market about locations where investment in demand management and renewable energy may reduce the need to invest in poles and wires assets, supporting the uptake of local sustainable energy options, and reduce costs for all consumers.
The first comprehensive versions of the Network Opportunity Maps, released on 27th July 2016, and updated with transmission data in January 2017, include complete geographic datasets for all network businesses in the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM). These update and improve on the Sample Maps released in 2015.
The complete versions of the maps include new information that was not available in the 2015 sample maps:
- Distribution network region coverage for South Australia
- More accurate region coverage for Endeavour and Essential Energy (NSW)
- Capacity and forecast data for all SP Ausnet zones (eastern Victoria)
- Capacity implications of the latest revision of electricity demand forecasts (as at Annual Planning Reports of December 2015 for distribution and July 2016 for Transmission)
- More and visually distinguishable replacement investments in addition to augmentations.
Click here for more information
Click here to view the map
CLICK HERE FOR MORE NEWS
CLICK HERE FOR MORE USEFUL LINKS