Renewable Energy Trail
The Renewable Energy Trail – a self-drive guided trail to showcase the diversity of renewable energy infrastructure sites located within the south-east NSW–ACT region.
The ACT and surrounding NSW region has many of the BIGGEST and BEST Renewable Energy Generators in Australia:
- Australia's largest agriculturally integrated solar PV facility – Mugga Lane Solar Park (13MW)
- World’s largest parabolic solar thermal dish concentrator – ANU Big Dish (500m2)
- Australia’s largest hydro-electric generator – Snowy Mountains Scheme (4,100MW)
- World’s largest bioreactor landfill project – Woodlawn Bioreactor (waste to energy)
- ACT 'Solar Highway' – Fifty kilometres of road ... Four solar farms ... 174,340 solar panels (Mt Majura, Mugga Lane, Royalla and Williamsdale)
- NSW’s largest operating wind energy generator – Gullen Range Wind Farm (165.5MW)
- Southern Hemisphere‘s largest geothermal heat pump – Geoscience Australia (2.5MW)
- Australia's largest community-owned solar farm project – SolarShare Canberra (1.26MW)
Click here for background information regarding the RE Trail initiative.